This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you consent to our use of cookies unless you have disabled them.
Quick Search »

Tier 2 (General) visa

You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK or you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.

You will need to have a sponsor (have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor) before you can work in the UK.

You must make sure that the job that you take in the UK corresponds to the work your sponsor organisation does.

You can apply for a visa up to three months before your date of travel to the UK, and you should find out if you're eligible within three weeks.

How much you pay for a Tier 2 (General) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply. The website has more information on prices.

With this visa, you can work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship, do a second job in the same sector, do voluntary work, travel and come back to the UK and bring family with you.

However, you will not be able to own more than 10% of your sponsor's shares, start at your new job before your visa arrives or apply for a second job until you're employed by your sponsor.




Are you looking to place
an advertisement right now?

CALL +44 (0)20 7989 0567

Determine where you want to be in the short and long term, establish how you feel about your career and working life and rate your level of satisfaction on a scale of one to 10.

If you find there is indeed room for improvement, then help comes in just a six-letter word:


Are you looking to place
an advertisement right now?

CALL +44 (0)20 7989 0567

The TNT brand attracts huge loyalty and trust among Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans living and working in the UK. The TNT Group offers a divers portfolio of free publications...

TNT Jobs is a part of Pixate Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 - About us - Contact us
Cookie Policy | Updated Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy