Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: £10 to £15
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Date Posted: 11/10/2018
Recruiter: Connection Crew
We build stages and sets for exciting, unusual and innovative events and so we are looking for organised, reliable, motivated, and physically fit team players. We build events for concerts, theatre and television, conferences, sporting events, and pop up festivals in London’s most exciting venues. One day our crew members might be building stages and sets for a theatrical festival or rigging at a corporate concert. The next, setting up PA systems and lighting at a sporting event, or loading and unloading for a PR stunt or experience for a leading brand.
**You don't need to have experience - as long as you're up for it, we'd like to hear from you**
• Experience London’s most exciting venues and events from the other side
• We support over 150 events a week
• Manage your availability through our app; full and part time hours available
• Great team environment; work is actually fun!
• Full training given; continuous on-the-job training and development
• Hourly rate starting at £10 per hour during probation
• Immediate start – training courses held weekly
• Support people making their way out of homelessness; we are a Social Enterprise
Our clients are the best in the business so we have to be too. When we say it takes a special kind of person, we mean it. We can do this because our team members have the right mix of skills. We are committed to your training and development and we don’t do ‘crewing by numbers’. So we don’t hire by numbers either.
• Positive attitude and willingness to work hard at unsociable hours
• Physically fit – this is demanding work
• Enthusiastic and committed team player
• Fastidious about time keeping - happy to travel around London
• Able to communicate effectively and work well in a team
• Experience of working with AV companies or as an AV technician, or in the Events industry in general
• Manual handling experience of any kind, preferably heavy lifting
• Driving license and experience of driving commercial vehicles
• Warehouse work
• Operators of telehandlers, fork lifts, cherry pickers or scissor lifts
We are hiring every week right now. Please apply now to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We started out in 2005 as part of the homelessness charity The Connection at St Martin’s. We employed people who had been homeless in the past, giving them a place in our crew and helping them develop purpose, confidence and independence. Social enterprises were fairly new at the time. But we thought: if we can do great work for great clients and support those people who need it – why wouldn’t we?