Plumber - Huge Opportunity
Reference: Are you on your way home back to NZ?
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Sector: Trades & Services
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 18/06/2018
Recruiter: JT Plumbing Ltd
Would it change your work life if you could work for a Plumbing and Drainlaying Company that paid top dollar, gave you the opportunity to progress, valued your input, provided training, showed genuine appreciation and was just good fun?
For most, the answer is a big FAT YES…..but finding a Plumbing and Drainlaying Company that gets how to treat people right seems harder than it should be…..so what gives?
BEFORE I TELL YOU ABOUT THE JOB and the type of person we’re looking for, I want to tell you my story – as I’ve been where you are now.
I used to work for my old boss to my own high standards, but often went home at the end of the day feeling unappreciated. I got little thanks for what I did, or feedback on how well I did it. There was little or no communication. We barely met together as a team to see how we could improve as a company. I felt that the boss was too busy to listen to my ideas and after a while I stopped speaking up. There didn’t seem to be much opportunity for growth or to move up. And, there wasn’t much in the way of training or money spent on improving our knowledge about new products or systems. We all just slogged away, doing the same work day in and day out.
I thought about changing jobs and earning a bit more money could help. The extra money was nice to start with, but I wanted more than just a pay cheque.
If this sounds at all familiar you’ll be happy to know it doesn’t have to be that way.
We’ve been in business for 18 years and to be honest, in those first few years we were just another company that tried to hire people for an extra dollar, rather than really looking into making our business a great place to work. We realised we needed to look inside the company for change – to become the best Plumbing and Drainlaying Company and to create the kind of workplace we could be proud of….and that people genuinely enjoyed working at.
So, we did it better.
We have grown a skilled and motivated team of Plumbers and Drainlayers who are in it for the long term. With everything we do, we focus on our core values, company culture, communication and we invest in training to continually upskill out staff. We challenge our team to be better than the rest, to provide the best service to our clients. We meet regularly to discuss jobs and workloads, how we can improve the business and our team’s working experience.
The biggest change has been that we know sharing our success and thanking people for their hard work is vital to have a great team.
We know it can be daunting to move on. Perhaps you are comfortable but how long are you happy to carry on feeling unfulfilled? Maybe you’re moving and want a fresh start? Or, maybe you are thinking “what if it doesn’t work out?” We hear you. But, if like me, you have a sense that you’re worth more, and you believe in doing things better, then now might be the right time to make a change.
With so many satisfied clients, our business is growing and we need a Plumber who is an A player, with proven experience at managing sites. We stand behind being the best place to work and I’ve included the benefits we offer the right person:
• We pay top rates (depending on what you bring to the table)
• A $1,000 sign-on bonus – to reward you because you’ll be a top class tradesmen and we know there are costs with shifting jobs or towns (one thing to note…if just want to make a quick buck, then we’re not the place for you)
• You get a company vehicle and phone
• Get up to $1,000 tool allowance
• Overalls, wet weather gear and boots provided – we’ve just got flash new uniforms too!
• A paid day off for your birthday
• Beers, barbeques and an active social club.
• Exposure to a wide variety of interesting and challenging work, which will develop your skills and experience. You certainly won’t be stuck doing the same thing day after day.
We are careful about who we hire. We have to be to maintain our team culture. Here’s what we’d like to see from you:
• Gas fitting experience would be an advantage, but not essential
• Be a New Zealand or Australian Qualified and Registered Plumber
• Hold a current Practicing License
• Have a clean full Drivers License
• Be able to work unsupervised, run your own jobs and train apprentices
• Honest and trustworthy
• Experience in both residential construction and maintenance work would help
• Take pride in your work and go the extra mile to make sure the job is top notch
• Great people skills both with fellow workmates and customers
If you’re curious or interested, send us a copy of your CV, a photo and a brief cover letter telling us why you are the right person for the job.