Insurance Compliance Specialist
Location: Ohio, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 16/02/2018
Recruiter: The McGowan Companies
Insurance Compliance Specialist - Fairview Park, OH
Under general supervision, the Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the company is operating under the proper licensure and is adhering to all state laws regarding the sale of insurance in the Admitted and Non-Admitted markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Providing the proper Surplus Lines tax amounts to our Underwriters as established by state law;
- Reviewing Surplus Lines policies issued by McGowan subsidiaries to ensure that all of the proper state-mandated notices are attached;
- Generating reports from our Agency Management system and analysing the data to determine what taxes are due to the state and when;
- Reconciling tax amounts in our Agency Management system and assisting Accounting in the remittance of the taxes due to the states;
- Notifying states when Surplus Lines policies have been bound by filing Affidavits with each state's Surplus Lines division;
- Working directly with the Surplus Lines divisions and Departments of Insurance in resolving any issues that arise in the course of business;
- Assisting in the renewal of McGowan's corporate licensure;
- Travel is not required.
Requirements and Skills:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree or at least 5 years of experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently;
- Compliance monitoring and/or audit skills;
- Relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus.
Interested candidates please click apply to submit your resume online.