Location: Shropshire, United Kingdom
Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Salary: £34160.00 to £34160.00
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 15/02/2018
Recruiter: The SmartList
LOCATION: Head Office, Vauxhall, London or Home base
JOB TITLE: Bid/Tender Officer
SALARY & BENEFITS: £34,160 or £33,060 per annum (depending on location) plus contributory pension Scheme
WORKING HOURS: Full time, 35 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Our client is the UK's leading charity supporting disabled people. Every year, we support thousands of people in the UK with physical and learning disabilities to fulfil their potential and live the lives they choose.
THE ROLE: Bid/Tender Officer, Vauxhall, London
This is post will work as part of a team to secure new and retain existing business for the charity, by producing compelling bids and tenders that support our growth strategy. Your writing and communication skills will enable you to source new, and develop existing relationships, in order to win bids that will build on our reputation and success, enabling us to continue to make a significant difference to the people we support
Key Responsibilities - Bid/Tender Officer, London
- To liaise with operational and functional colleagues to ensure that all copy required to support a tender is produced in a timely manner and is compliant with the organisations required quality standard.
- To provide creative input into potential bids and supporting business case documents, so that they have maximum chance of success.
- To analyse tender questions in order to identify how a winning answer should be constructed, to demonstrate good/excellent answers.
- To demonstrate how aspects of the charity would appeal from a Purchasers' perspective.
- Coordinate responses from a wide range sources across the charity to write a compelling bid that forensically responds to the commissioners specification
- To develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the content of bids and supporting business cases is relevant and up to date
- To contribute to and access the resource bank to ensure knowledge and materials are stored and retrieved in an efficient and effective manner
- To record details of all of the tenders submitted and the outcome of each tender, and to provide analysis of the organisations performance in order to improve successful outcomes.
- Where appropriate attend presentations and interviews
THE CANDIDATE:Bid/Tender Officer, London
Your strong interpersonal and influencing skills will enable you to nurture internal relationships and positively influence key decision makers, commissioners, prospective customers and strategic partners. You will apply your effective business acumen to support the management of new development opportunities for the Charity.
With an impressive track record of producing high quality bids and tenders, ideally in the health and/or social care sector, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of commissioning/purchasing requirements, along with your track record of success
Key Experience for the role:- Bid/Tender Officer, London
- Previous experience of producing high quality bids and tenders, able to demonstrate an understanding of commissioning/purchasing requirements and specifications highly advantageous
- Previous experience/knowledge of the health and/or social care sector desirable
- Well-developed IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
- To have developed, detail-focussed analytical skills, able to interpret the requirements of differing commissioning bodies
- Demonstrable ability to develop & manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Please click to apply
You will be sent an online questionnaire with full job description, to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
CLOSING DATE 22/02/2016