Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/09/2017
Recruiter: SMH Fleet Solutions
SMH are a large and established privately owned business that operates in the field of Vehicle Logistics and Fleet Management. We operate from 5 sites across the UK and employ in excess of 400 people. We are a market leader in our field and proud of our reputation for excellent service.
The Bodyshop Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day running of a busy Bodyshop. Focus should be on achieving and striving to exceed all targets through the smooth running of an efficient Bodyshop ensuring KPI's are met. Ultimately responsible for delivering a profitable and results driven Bodyshop. A determination to deliver and exceed customer expectation whilst maintaining and improving on performance levels within the Bodyshop team.
- Oversee the production process to ensure it operates with optimum efficiency within a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage the production process to ensure vehicles remain on schedule and stay on track of customer KPI's
- Actively seek continuous improvement in all areas of production
- To monitor and maintain staffing levels to ensure maximum output of work, including managing holidays, return to work interviews and agency staff
- To oversee Bodyshop administrative systems, procedures and records.
- Monitor processes and liaise with departments or team members to discuss and implement process changes
- Stock control and management
- Manage and solve customer issues
- Final Quality Check and sign off of vehicles
- Be responsible for identifying, selecting, recording and maintaining equipment along with overseeing a preventative maintenance program
- Ensure you and your team members adhere to all requirements for hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal
- Assume accountability of the team and department
- Ensure and enforce compliance with all Company policies, health and safety requirements and legislation
- Play an active role in the continuous improvement of the Department to achieve plans for future growth and development
- To carry out such Health & Safety duties as requested by your Line Manager to ensure statutory and Company requirements are satisfied
- Ensure a clean and organised work environment is maintained and enforced
- Consistently utilise and enforce to all team members the correct use of P.P.E.
- Attend Company arranged medicals and follow all necessary guidance given or provided
- Report any deterioration in health or vision to your Manager without delay
- Relevant qualification i.e. ATA, BTEC, NVQ, City & Guilds and/or a minimum of three years' experience in a similar role
- A strong proven track record in demonstrating success in leading and managing a team
- Strong team player and people management skills
- Proven decision making and implementation skills
- A solid working knowledge of vehicle refurbishment/body repair processes
- An excellent working knowledge of vehicle safety procedures
- An excellent ability to manage a variety of tasks within a fast moving environment
- Comply and enforce Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working collaboratively with Managers at all levels
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued learning by participating in on-going training and any other industry related training requirement
- Highly motivated and able to inspire and motivate others
- Willingness to travel to other Company sites as requested
- To action any other reasonable request from your Line Manager or Company Director and assist the team as applicable.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of the job.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension after a qualifying period
Please click here to apply....