Help Desk Technician
Location: Hawaii, United States
Sector: I.T. & Communications
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/07/2017
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN: The role of the Help Desk Technician is to assist customers who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to higher level support groups for resolution when needed. The Help Desk Technician is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other staff members, teams, and their services to clients.
- System backups for success and failure, testing restoration of files.
- Anti-virus version updates and definition status at different sites
- Computer patch status
- General help desk - Helping end users with program and operating system issues
- Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality.
- Determine the most effective manner to resolve customer's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with higher level support staff when necessary.
- Records required customer and problem information in Work Order System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Resolves Level 1 work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
- Works on related projects as assigned by supervisor.