Unit Manager (LPN)
Location: Ohio, United States
Sector: Healthcare & Medical
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 26/12/2016
Recruiter: Eliza Jennings
Eliza Jennings, a nationally recognized leader in person-centered care, is searching for a full time Assisted Living Unit Manager at its retirement campus, The Renaissance, located in Olmsted Township.
Lead and provide healthcare services to the Assisted Living Residents in Carol B. Hall based on person-centered care model and within established goals and standards.
- Lead Carol B. Hall healthcare services for three shifts; plan and deliver care; serve as charge nurse
- Manage staff: select, hire, orient and train, schedule, coach, and assure performance and morale for Carol B. Hall Assisted Living.
- Interact with residents and families to assure quality of medical care and customer service.
- Work closely with Director of Nursing to orient, train and develop new nursing staff, involving current staff as preceptors and mentors.
- Oversee participation in rehabilitative, restorative and supportive programs including therapy department and other disciplines.
- Work closely with medical services and staff, activities, pharmacy, physical therapy, social workers, dietary, hospice staff, etc. to provide and assure comprehensive person-centered care is provided in a timely manner for the Assisted Living Residents.
- Manage the Carol B. Hall Assisted Living Team in the development and implementation of plans, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that physicians' orders and plans of care are accurately updated and implemented; review incident reports and update plans of care.
- Assure regulatory compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Monitor and implement continuous quality improvement.
- Degree in nursing including geriatric services and healthcare administration.
- Nursing license in the State of Ohio.
- In-depth understanding of rehabilitative, restorative, and supportive care.
- Basic understanding of business (census), budgeting, and management systems and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex priorities with demanding timeframes; strong organizational skills.
Please submit your summary of qualifications and salary requirements to Melissa Foldi, Director of Nursing.
Eliza Jennings is a 8 time winner of the NorthCoast 99 Award honoring us as one of the Best Workplaces in Northeast Ohio!