Sign up and post a job now
It's easy to start posting your advertisements, simply register your recruiter profile, purchase your credits and start posting!Recruiter Sign-up
Find that perfect job
It's easy to find that perfect job you've been dreaming about, simply register your candidate profile and send your CV!Candidate Sign-up
DIRECTOR DATA SCIENCE
The selected Director of Data Science candidate will attract, build and lead a team of data scientists, Business Intelligence professionals, analysts and developers in the creation of transformational solutions.
The team will design, develop and implement highly-complex, integrated database architecture across the company, provide expert database and data management reviews, and be a subject matter expert in providing data and database architecture consultation. You will provide leadership and input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool selection. Your work will revolve around understanding complex businesses, large and complex data manipulation, model building, model validation, model implementation and ensuring all model documentation provides full model transparency.
The selected Director of Data Science candidate in this role will have a unique blend of real world, practical skills, as well as technical expertise in data science, statistics and analysis. The desired candidate will thrive in environments where uncertainty is common and is skilled in bridging business, Technology and science. The person must have high tolerance for ambiguity and have built high performance teams, must have an appetite for technology and working cross functionally across teams. This is a key role in transforming our nearly 10 year growing global company in expanding into new markets.
The selected Director of Data Science candidate will:
- Drive and build out of a first-of-its-kind, our client's sales acceleration platform that combines performance analytics, coaching optimization and knowledge reinforcement in one powerfully simple mobile enterprise solution.
- Build, scale and lead a world class data science team to support the internal and external customer.
- Build a Data Architect group
- Review, direct, guide the analytical work of entire team
- Work with fast-paced initiatives and overseeing projects
- Thoroughly understand the company's usage data.
- Support ongoing business analysis as required to inform management decisions.
- Interface with product teams and executives, modulating communication to match the audience.
- Identify new sources of data, including free web, to enrich ongoing .
- Build algorithms that classify and understand customer content
- Build models of customer behavior to benchmark against
- Develop algorithms that mine customer data for actionable insights
- Develop predictive models that will help prioritize customer actions
- Develop new strategies for how our client uses advanced analytics
Qualified Director of Data Science candidates will have:
- 10+ years of professional technical leadership and engineering management experience.
- Experience in technical leadership in building a Data Science and Data Architect groups
- BS/MS in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Operations Research
- Experience with business intelligence, data warehousing, and ETL database
- Experience working in data science and data analytics is a must.
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Great business sense and communication skills
- Experience using numerical and statistical packages (Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn, R)
- Expert-level experience in data science and visualization toolkits (R, SAS, Python and/or
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
A team player attitude with excellent English verbal and written English communication skills not requiring repeating during rapid English conversation.
No 3rd party referrals, agencies or corp to corp sub-contracting referrals from multi-employee consulting companies, please, for any WSI requirements, no exceptions).
This career opportunity is based in Portland, Oregon offering a generous competitive starting base salary from $160,000 to $180,000+ per year based on experience & great benefits. Your asking compensation will be submitted after your approval. They offer a very generous relocation package.
When resumes are received, the candidate is contacted if there is a match, the situation is thoroughly described and the candidate tells us how they would like us to proceed. No information leaves our office without prior approval. This creates long term relationships, which we encourage.
WSI is a specialty recruiting organization with over twenty years experience and fees paid by our selected client companies, freeing our hands to find top level candidates for better projects all over the USA.