Location: Ohio, United States
Sector: Manufacturing Operations
Salary: &dollar16.00 to &dollar20.00
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 26/12/2016
Recruiter: Alliance Technical Solutions
A well-established manufacturing company that serves the aerospace and industrial industries is currently in need of experienced Grinding Machinists. Preferred candidates will have experience with both CNC and Manual OD/ID grinding.
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more OD grinding machines to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal work-pieces to blueprint specifications, following tooling instructions and standard charts and applying knowledge of grinding procedures: Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions, such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- 2) Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches.
- 3) Dresses wheels to specifications, using dressing device.
- 4) Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces.
- 5) Positions and secures work rest at specified height, using wrenches.
- 6) Lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures it between wheels and on work rest.
- 7) Starts machine and observes operation.
- 8) Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- 9) Changes worn grinding wheels, using wrenches.
- 10) May set up automatic work-feeding device.
- 11) May grind nonmetallic materials.
- 12) May be required to have experience with custom or production work or with particular material, product, or precision level, or with machine of particular size, type, or trade name.
- 2nd shift opportunity
- Compensation is $16-$20/hr dependent upon experience
- 90 day temp to perm - benefits after 90 days