Location: Ohio, United States
Salary: &dollar17.00 to &dollar18.00
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 26/12/2016
Recruiter: Alliance Technical Solutions
Expanding metal fabrication company is adding machinists. Company was founded in 1979 and has excellent benefits.
Looking for machinists: entry level to experienced.
Machinist - Job Description and General Duties
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal and plastic parts.
- Review written blueprints, BOM's and specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut, drill or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminium, stainless steel, brass, plastic, and other materials.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the work piece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position work piece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure work piece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Determine cutting path.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
- Always operate machinery safely.
- Daily Clean up, sweeping of chips in work area.
First Shift With 10-15 hours of Overtime